CTAA Event: Fair Housing Training
Registration Now Open
BELFOR Property Restoration30 North Plains Industrial Road
Wallingford, CT 06492
* Registration open until 11/7/22 at 12:00 PM (EST)
Fair Housing and Beyond
During this seminar, you will learn how to deal with the latest issues in Fair Housing. Using video modules, activities featuring real-life situations, and classroom training you will:
- Identify the need for fair housing education of staff, the property owner and the vendors contracted to the property.
- Describe the
- Determine the state or local government protections that may exceed the federal protections
- Explain how fair housing rights extend to all residents and guests of lease signatories
- Recognize the difference in discrimination between treatment and impact
- Ascertain excuses and justifications for discriminatory practices in order to remove them
This training will benefit:
- Management Company Executives
- Property onsite Managers
- Leasing Professionals
- Maintenance Technicians
- Business Partners
$85.00 per CTAA Member
Breakfast and lunch included!
This seminar will be presented by Robert W. Chesson, Esq.
and G. Adam Schweickert, Esq. of Landlord Law Firm
Robert W. Chesson, Esq. is the managing partner of the Landlord Law Firm.
He has been representing the interests of property owners and managers in Connecticut for over 18 years. Robert has managed more than eighteen thousand summary process matters and countless other disputes between landlords and tenants, including low-income public housing and large commercial lease litigation alike. He has also worked on a wide range of fair housing related matters in private negotiations, public agencies, state courts and federal court.
G. Adam Schweickert, Esq. is a partner and trial lawyer at the Landlord Law Firm.
As a trial lawyer, Adam has prosecuted thousands of summary process and collections actions on behalf of landlords and property managers against problem tenants, and resolved the problem or removed the tenant by agreement or trial and collected the money due. He has defended landlords facing fair housing, criminal prosecution, and other litigation, and consulted with them to avoid facing the underlying issues in the first place. Adam is also primarily responsible for managing the “complex” matters that the Landlord Law Firm Team handles.