Residential Housing Maintenance Director
Balfour Beatty Communities is committed to delivering exceptional living experiences. The Residential Manager Director plays a vital role in bringing this vision to life by overseeing the maintenance and repair operations at our community. The Residential Maintenance Director lead our maintenance team within a dynamic, fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. Our managers are responsible for maintaining the overall physical condition of the community, providing world-class customer service and managing and supporting a team of maintenance employees focused on representing our brand in the most professional and positive way. If you are a highly personable maintenance professional with exceptional leadership skills looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a leading property management organization, we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
- Managing and overseeing the community’s maintenance and preventive maintenance functions, including the general community appearance and physical condition of all structures; focus areas include HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry and community amenities for over 1800 units.
- Overseeing a team of over 30 maintenance supervisors and employees.
- Building and developing a team of skilled, productive and customer service-oriented professionals to drive company operational goals.
- Monitoring the function’s financial performance and collaborating with the management team to ensure the team is within budget and on task while delivering a high level of service.
- Overseeing regular physical property inspections to ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of all assets.
- Ensuring the successful execution of all company safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Delivering the highest level of resident satisfaction through responsive, consistent, positive and professional interactions.
- Forecasting maintenance needs and instituting an effective time management program for all personnel to ensure resident satisfaction and project completion goals are met.
- Attending and assisting with resident events as needed.
Typical Physical Demands: Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move equipment and supplies up to 50 lbs.
*Who we're looking for:
- An Associate's Degree and five (5) or more years of supervisory experience in a facilities management or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- have Universal H.V.A.C. certification with a strong understanding of electrical, as well as the ability to read blueprints, prepare contracts and forecast/budget. Working knowledge of local building codes and OSHA standards, including but not limited to, Hazmat, EPA, and Universal Waste protocols, is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a residential community environment.
- Possession of a valid, state-issued driver’s license and safe driving record is also required.
Why work for us*
*Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.
Job Type: Full-time
- 1800 housing units: 1 year (Required)
- supervisor: 5 years (Required)
- maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- HVAC (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply