Clocktower / Velvet Mill is hiring
Clocktower, Velvet Mill and Dye House
JOB SUMMARY: Shows and leases apartments, town homes, or condominiums to prospective residents and supports property’s marketing plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Completes lease form or agreement and collects rental deposit.
- Responsible for insuring the “model” apartments and target apartments are ready for show; responsible for maintaining work areas and office in clean and orderly manner; need to have an awareness of the “curb appeal” of the property.
- Thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications and all community policies.
- Knowledgeable of required telephone and sales techniques.
- Fully informed of current rental rates, sizes, locations and all amenities of property.
- Maintain contact with all apartment locator services and local businesses to provide informational material. Update periodically.
- Responsible for “shopping” competitive properties.
- Develop full knowledge of application information required, screening process and policies regarding rentals.
- Develops and maintain an on-going resident retention program under direction of Property Manager.
- Responsible for proper maintenance of all resident and property files.
- Efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms, reports and related information.
- Courteous, efficient handling of resident requests and complaints.
- The Leasing Agent leases to qualified and appropriate applicants in accordance with Company procedure, Equal Housing Opportunity (EHO) requirements, and Fair Housing Guidelines.
- Included in the overall responsibility of leasing apartments is taking telephone inquiries, greeting prospects, showing apartments, taking applications and deposits, verifying information, and follow-up of all prospects. The application and all information, including the deposit, is turned over to the on-site Property Manager for processing.
- The Leasing Agent will recommend advertising and specific promotions for the property he/she is assigned.
- The Leasing Agent will also be responsible for conducting marketing surveys, making marketing recommendations based on an analysis of the surveys and making community contacts with large employers, real estate agencies, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- It is the responsibility of the Leasing Agent to insure that the office, clubroom models and “market ready” vacants are in perfect condition. Clean, vacuum, and dust when needed. Physically inspect property when on grounds, pick up litter and report any service needed to maintenance staff. Inspect move-outs and vacancies.
- Correctly complete all lease applications, assist with application verification and notify prospective resident of results. Type resident communications, i.e., pest control notices, etc., complete all lease paperwork, including related addendum, accept rents and deposits.
- Maintain accurate resident records. Update on a daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received by residents. Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e., late payment, eviction notices, returned check memo).
- It is the Leasing Agent’s responsibility to know and adhere to all Federal, State and local laws, as well as all policies and procedures issued by Konover Residential Corporation.
- Tax Credit Experience Preferred
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resume to Velvetmgr@konoverresidential.com